Pen Bay Medical Center
Pen Bay Medical Center is an integrated community healthcare system serving the people of Midcoast Maine. With facilities throughout Knox and Lincoln County, we provide comprehensive healthcare services for the people in our communities, throughout their lives. Our partner organizations – individually and together – are dedicated to caring for the sick and injured and to improving the health and quality of life for all.
Our family of providers includes:
- Pen Bay Medical Center – a 99-bed, full-service community hospital overlooking beautiful Penobscot Bay in Rockport.
- Pen Bay Physicians & Associates – a multi-specialty physician group practice dedicated to ensuring that the healthcare needs of the residents and visitors of Midcoast Maine are met.
- Knox Center – an 84-bed long term nursing care and skilled rehabilitation center.
- Quarry Hill – Midcoast Maine’s premier extended care community for adults 55+, Quarry Hill provides unsurpassed independent, assisted-living, short- and long-term nursing care and specialized memory-loss care.
Pen Bay Medical Center is committed to providing high – quality, compassionate, person – centered healthcare to all individuals in the communities we serve. Beyond the acute care services and skilled nursing facilities we offer, we achieve our goal by linking residents to healthcare resources that will help them to live healthier lives and, ultimately, improve the community as a whole.
Our Community Health programs provide educational services to those with chronic medical conditions who wish to remain healthy and active in their communities. Some of our programs include:
- Tobacco Free Hospital – we offer a tobacco-free campus and support tobacco-free lifestyles for our employees, patients and the community
- 5210 Let's Go! – a nationally recognized childhood obesity prevention program implemented throughout the state
- Zing! – a program that helps children and their families learn healthy habits
- Our Picker Family Resource Center promotes building community by providing health resources and support that serve the needs for women and their families throughout their lives
- A variety of support meetings for community members with chronic diseases, as well as their families and caregivers
- Support and education for new and expectant mothers
- And much, much more!
The more than 1,500 employees throughout Pen Bay Medical Center – the largest employer in Knox County – share a pride in working for an organization that takes care of our families, friends and neighbors.
No matter what their role within Pen Bay Medical Center, our people share a commitment to our values:
- We pledge to provide excellent quality healthcare in a compassionate, cheerful and efficient manner.
- We strive for excellence, both in clinical practice and in personal service, so that we exceed our community's expectations.
- We maintain an atmosphere of trust by working as a team, by showing respect for one another and the people we care for, and by using clear, open and honest communication.
- We recognize that each of us is an important member of our team and has unique strengths and skills. All of us contribute to providing a safe, friendly and healing atmosphere.
- We maintain a physically secure and spiritually uplifting environment for each other and the people we serve.
And this commitment goes a long way in keeping people focused, engaged and connected to each other. In fact, over 12% of our staff has been employed with our organization for over 25 years.
Why Work Here
At Pen Bay Medical Center, you have the opportunity to work with the latest technology in healthcare. We use the most advanced medical resources and practices available to deliver an unsurpassed level of comprehensive, quality care. We deliver that care with a personal touch to every patient, within a supportive, pleasant and healing atmosphere.
Throughout your career with us, we will remain committed to your professional growth. We provide an on-site education department offering professional development and clinical courses to all of our employees. We also offer tuition assistance for graduate, undergraduate and advanced certification exam fees.
Geographically, you'll find us centrally located between the cities of Portland and Bangor, in one of the most magnificent areas in New England where neighborhoods are friendly and safe and schools are highly-rated. The fresh ocean air reminds you that fishing, boating and incredible coastline sightseeing are within easy reach. The nearby mountains of Camden beckon you for skiing, hiking and other outdoor activities. Local art galleries, museums and award-winning restaurants also add to the healthy quality of life Midcoast Maine is known for.