Scientific Manager I - Research
This job posting is no longer active.
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 145117
- Education: Master's degree in related field. PhD preferred
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 4+ years of relevant experience with PhD, 6+ years of relevant experience with Master's degree. May be proficient in operation of one or more items of highly technical equipment.
- Skills should include ability to trouble shoot problems and analyze the data obtained.
- Must have good organizational and personnel management skills, communication skills, both personal and written, business skills and a strategic planning acumen
- Visual acuity and mental dexterity, math skills and a scientific acumen are required
Additional InformationMaine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave (available at most locations), retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.