Director - Employee Health Services
- Portland, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 144154
MaineHealth is seeking a dynamic leader to join their Employee Health leadership team. Employee Health is an integrated service delivering care to MaineHealth’s 22, 000 employees. We have a professional team of nurses, advanced care professionals and physicians servicing our care team members whether new hire applicant screening, medical surveillance or work injury care and treatment. MaineHealth offers extensive Ergonomics and Injury Prevention programs as well as a robust Transitional Work Program. If you have had progressive responsibilities in your leadership career, have a passion for driving quality care and supporting care team members in work-ability mindset, and are seeking your next career advancement opportunity, then we are looking for you!
The Director of Employee Health Services oversees delivery of services comprised of post offer screening, medical surveillance, injury treatment and prevention and transitional work program that is evidence based, of the highest quality, and consistently advocates for each client's optimal functional capacity. The Director manages daily operations to ensure that quality care is provided through satisfied and inspired professionals.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related Healthcare field. Master's Degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Licensure/certification may be preferred or required.
- Experience: 2+ years of Occupational Health experience required. 3-5 years of progressive experience in healthcare leadership; demonstrating experience in operations management, workers compensation, loss control, strategic clinical program planning
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the health care team, and health system leadership.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated supervisory, management and collaboration skills, especially in clinical operations. Proven success in facilitating team through cultural change.
- Excellent analytic skills; experience in solving complex problems, demonstrating creative and innovative thinking, and incorporating external and internal best practices in providing solutions.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and nimble in an evolving, complex system.
Additional InformationMaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.