Medical Technologist MT / MLT
- Scarborough, ME
- Full Time - Evening Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 144230
NorDx is seeking Medical Technologists (MT) or Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) to join our quality-driven, patient centered team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our team members whose technical and professional skills set us apart from our competitors.
Positions are eligible for a $6,500 Sign-on Bonus, relocation assistance and temporary housing if needed.
NorDx employees enjoy a quality of life that is enhanced by the great outdoors of Maine and New Hampshire. Many enjoy skiing, hiking, boating and experiencing the natural beauty for which Maineis well known. NorDx opportunities are available throughout southern, coastal, and western Maine, as well as in North Conway, New Hampshire – there is no shortage of beautiful regions to call home.
Maine’s largest metro, Portland, lies 2 hours north of Boston and is ideal for families and young professionals, offering exceptional food, lifestyles, and activities. Head west to the unmatched beauty found in the foothills of Maine and New Hampshire, where you’ll find a charming four-season region offering numerous opportunities for its residents. To the east you’ll find quaint coastal towns, just an hour north of Portland that boast many attractions including lakes, rivers, beaches and mountains – surrounded by farmer markets, local farm stands, and unlimited, award-winning seafood!
What You Will Do:
- Independently perform and monitor laboratory testing of patient specimens according to established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Confirm, interpret, correlate and report normal and abnormal patient results.
- Recognize technical, instrumental and/or physiological problems and initiate resolutions.
- Assume responsibility for accuracy, quality control and required instrument maintenance.
- May provide training of laboratory and/or other health care personnel as directed.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory, Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science required.
- License/Certifications: Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist (e.g., C, H, I, BB, M) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovated laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.