Associate Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) - Western Maine Health
- Oxford, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 143892
The Associate Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) will support the Chief Financial Officer in directing and managing the financial functions of Western Maine Health Care/ Stephens Memorial Hospital. This position will assist in the management of all financial functions for WMH, including general accounting, budgeting and financial planning. These functions also include the oversight of local activities related to patient accounts, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing activities. Some of these functions are in coordination with MH System Corporate Services.
Inherent in the creation of this role is the expectation that the successful candidate ideally leads to the CFO role in approximately 8 – 12 months.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or MBA preferred
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in healthcare, financial services, accounting, or consulting field
- Team player who thrives on collaboration and productive professional relationships, communicates effectively and handles conflict with maturity.
- Demonstrates experience in leading multi-stakeholder groups consisting of senior administrative and clinical leadership to advance organization change initiatives.
- Capacity to lead or conduct multiple projects at once, with responsibility for complete spectrum of required activities or in collaboration with others.
- Outstanding capability to prepare and deliver oral, written, quantitative, or graphical reports for executive level audiences.
Additional InformationMaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.