Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
- Rockport, ME
- Pen Bay Medical Center
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 143510
- Position Summary
- The Ambulatory Care Pharmacist provides patient care that optimizes medication therapy and promotes health, wellness, and disease prevention. They are a primary source of evidence based medicine and advice regarding the safe, appropriate, and cost-effective use of medications. The Ambulatory Care Pharmacist requires direct patient interaction as well as effective cooperation/communication with physicians, nurses, and other members of the medical team. Ambulatory Care Pharmacist collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and represents the department of pharmacy in the development of health-system innovations.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an ACCP accredited school/college of pharmacy with a BS (Pharm. D Preferred).
- License/Certifications: Current licensure with Board of Pharmacy in the State of Maine with annual re-licensure and proof of 15 CEU hours as required by law.
- Board Certified in Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP) or must complete BCACP within 2 years of Hire.
- Experience: 3-5 years in a health-system pharmacy (or similar experience). Ambulatory Care Pharmacy preferred. Experience in the monitoring of and consultation on drug therapy in all age groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems relating to drug therapy.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.