Administrative & Clinical Quality Assistant
- Rockport, ME
- Pen Bay Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Clerical/Administrative Support
- Req #: 143511
This is a 40 hour per week position.
The Administrative & Clinical Quality Assistant works closely with the Director of Physician Practices and the Clinical Care Manager to support the clinical initiatives and administrative functions of Pen Bay Ambulatory practices. Compiling quality data, running reports, tracking data, supporting Practice Managers, scheduling meetings, and becoming an EPIC SuperUser are all important duties of this position.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Post-secondary school education or training with a focus in a healthcare related field, or certification as a Medical Assistant.
- License/Certifications: See "Education"
- Experience: Experience in outpatient or inpatient healthcare environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and applications with necessary typing skills.
- Knowledge of and competency with the use of Microsoft Excel in creating spreadsheets, graphs, and other reports desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with providers, nursing and other practice based staff
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Familiarity with LEAN or similar quality improvement methodologies preferred.
- Competency in the use of EPIC.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.