Program Coordinator - Maine Medical Center Research Institute Administrative Office
This job posting is no longer active.
- Scarborough, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Nonclinical
- Req #: 143255
Under general direction of the Vice President of Operations, this position is responsible for coordinating the administrative office at the Maine Medical Center Research Institute. The person in this positon is responsible for a combination of administrative and project coordination including schedules for the VP of Research, VP of Operations of Academic Affairs, and others as needed. This position manages the administrative aspects of the Material Transfer Agreement process, provides administrative support to the Director of IP/Technology transfer, manages the P-Card for the department, coordinates and approves travel for staff members through vendor, schedules and hosts interviews for a variety of different positions throughout the department, and coordinates special projects across one or more departments within academic affairs, as needed, among many other tasks. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring the needs of the department are met timely and accurately.
The successful candidate for this position will be a team player who is well organized, self-motivated, has good attention to detail and time management skills, makes good judgements, and is able to make independent decisions within a broad framework.
Learn more about the Maine Medical Center Research Institute here –
Required Minimal Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Approximately one to two years related work experience.
- Knowledge of project management, and educational practices.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare systems, with previous experience in healthcare industry and customer service preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including drafts of correspondence and other written materials.
- Strong software and computer skills, including Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel). Website management preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse settings.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are moderately complex.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
Additional InformationMaine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.