Certified Surgical Technologist
- Damariscotta, ME
- Per Diem - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 143085
- Position Summary
- Surgical Technicians are allied health professionals who are an integral part of the Surgical Services Team. Under the supervision of a Surgeon and/or Registered Nurse, ensures a safe working environment, equipment works properly and operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. The Surgical Technician will also be able to function in and relieve in Central Sterile Supply as needed, knowing all aspects of this area.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technologists.
- License/Certifications: Certified Surgical Technician and current BLS within six months of hire.
- Experience: One to two years’ experience preferred, however, new graduates will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute and apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Affiliation with Association of Surgical Technologies preferred.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.