Chef Manager - Schooner Cove
- Damariscotta, ME
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Req #: 142868
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR OUR CURRENT $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus. Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
- Position Summary
- The Chef Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day functions of the food service department at Schooner Cove including planning, preparing and serving meals. This is a team oriented kitchen where the chef manager assumes a leadership position supporting the goals of making a high-quality dining experience for the residents and their guests. Coordinates and supervises all ordering, scheduling and food service team members. The chef manager attends monthly resident food service meetings with the Schooner Cove Executive Director. The chef manager works with the Executive director on all internal/external catering events. Chef is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen and cooking equipment.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Willing to obtain CDM thru educational courses.
- License/Certifications: Servesafe certification
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using w hole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.