Chef - Schooner Cove
- Damariscotta, ME
- Per Diem - Rotating Shift
- Service/Maintenance Support
- Req #: 142629
- Position Summary
- The Sous Chef is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the food service department including planning, preparing and serving meals. This is a team oriented kitchen where the Sous Chef will assume a leadership position in the absence of the Executive Chef and support LincolnHealth’s goal to make each meal a dining experience for the residents and their guests. Coordinates and supervises all ordering, scheduling and Food Service Team Members.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Have a minimum of 5 years' restaurant experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using w hole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The ability to make responsible decisions on the go.
- The ability to work independently and a self-motivator.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.