Home Care Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) - York County
- Saco, ME
- MaineHealth Care At Home
- Per Diem - Day Shift
- Req #: 142387
Are you looking for a career in Pediatric Homecare which will allow you to have more of a work-life balance? Do you enjoy working independently and using your knowledge as a Pediatric Skilled Nurse to provide life changing care to vulnerable pediatric patients throughout York County, ME?
Why Home Care:
- Enjoy a less stressful pace of work, treating one patient at a time
- Case Manage a set number of cases
- Follow patient cases from start to finish
- Have the ability to work closely with patients and families, building better relationships
- Ability to give your full, undivided attention to each patient
- Have the ability to educate patients and family members about care, treatment & diagnosis in a much more in depth manner
- Weekend scheduling – Every 4th weekend rotation!
Previous pediatric experience is necessary for this role.
To provide quality, cost effective nursing care in a competent holistic manner for a designated group of patients, through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, to empower patients and families to achieve maximum levels of wellness and independence. This position reports to the Clinical Manager.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduate of an NLN accredited nursing program.
- Position requires a minimum of one year of acute nursing experience.
- State of Maine licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Current, valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.