Cook - Food & Nutrition Services, Miles Campus
This job posting is no longer active.
- Damariscotta, ME
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Evening)
- Service/Maintenance Support
- Req #: 142020
Under the supervision of leadership, the cook is responsible for the preparation and presentation of food production during assigned scheduled hours. The cook will follow standardized recipes and work in a timely and efficient manner. The cook is required to comply with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and follow food production programs and procedures.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- License/Certifications: Serv Safe Certified preferred.
- Experience: Previous food service experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.