Pre- Analytic Manager - Maine Medical Center
This job posting is no longer active.
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS! **Current MaineHealth Employee not eligible, must be separated for 6 months**
At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovative laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
- Provides direction and oversight directly and through supervisors for operations and human resources management to include reviewing all hiring and discipline recommendations with supervisors.
- Oversees all pre-analytic functions and develops, monitors, and takes appropriate action to improve overall departmental performance to ensure that the operational and strategic goals are met.
- Develops staffing models that support service needs and meet departmental budget targets.
- Identifies and drives process and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manages performance and provides coaching for leader development and success.
- Manages department turnover and drives initiatives for employee engagement and retention.
- Ensures department(s) complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensures training and competency assessments are completed.
- Manages budget for the department(s).
- Builds collaborative relationships with hospital leaders.
- Must maintain pre-analytic competency and may perform functions when needed.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Associate's Degree or Equivalent Combination of Education/Experience required. Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certification as a Phlebotomist and/or Medical Laboratory Assistant required (ASCP, ASPT, AMT, NPA, NCC, NHA). Valid Driver's License Required.
- Experience: See "Education." 2 years of previous supervisory or lead experience required, previous manager experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.