Chief CRNA -Anesthesiology

  • Biddeford, ME
  • Southern Maine Health Care
  • Full Time - Day/Evening
  • Nursing
  • Req #: 141711
Apply Now Save Job Saved

Summary

  • Position Summary
    • As a professional anesthesia provider, the Chief Nurse Anesthetist administers inhalational agents and any/all drugs, including narcotics, to provide adequate, safe anesthesia to patients during surgical, obstetrical, and diagnostic procedures under the direction of or in consultation with a physician anesthesiologist, operating under an anesthesia care team concept. The Chief Nurse Anesthetist is also responsible for the supervision and evaluation of CRNA's and anesthesia support personnel, departmental representation and administrative functions.
  • Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
    • Education: Completion of a course for Nurse Anesthesia at an accredited school preferred.
    • License/Certification: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine required. Current certification as a Nurse Anesthetist by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Advanced Practice RN (APRN) required.
    • Experience: N/A.
    • Comprehensive understanding of all the procedures and equipment used to administer anesthesia, normally acquired during two to three years of experience.
    • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, subordinates, other members of the anesthesia team and related hospital personnel.
    • Ability to schedule effectively and to assign work to professional and technical personnel.
    • Knowledge of budget, recordkeeping procedures and inventory control methods as they apply to anesthetic supplies and equipment.
    • 80% of the Chief CRNA’s time is allocated to clinical duties with the remaining 20% dedicated to administrative duties and supervision of other departmental staff.

We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.

MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.

With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.

Share:

Not the right fit?

Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future opportunities!

Join Our Talent Network