Director of Nursing - Skilled and Long Term Care, Quarry Hill
- Camden, ME
- Quarry Hill
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 141580
Quarry Hill is located in beautiful Mid Coast Maine and is in the heart of Camden with shopping, recreation and the ocean within minutes of the beautiful campus.
We are currently seeking a Director of Nursing for The Gardens, which is Quarry Hill’s skilled and long-term nursing care facility. It offers the services of an onsite physician, 24-hour licensed nursing care, as well as rehabilitation services.
Relocation assistance available as well as a $10,000 Sign-on bonus for qualified candidates!
(Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible for the sign-on bonus and must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.)
The Director of Nursing is responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that optimal, achievable quality of care is delivered in accordance with state and federal regulations in a cost-effective manner. In the absence of the Administrator, assumes responsibility for the continuing daily operations of the facility.
Minimum requirements include:
- Education: Master’s degree preferred.
- License/Certification: State of Maine Licensed Registered nurse.
- Experience: One (1) year of rehabilitative and/or geriatric nursing experience. One (1) year of Nursing Administration experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and work effectively with all types of facility personnel.
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures.
- Fire safety and disaster preparedness policy & procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Resident Rights, Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation regulations.
- Nursing standards of practice for older adults.
- State and federal regulations pertaining to SNF/NF and AL facilities.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.