Medical Assistant (MA) - Primary & Walk-in Care
- Belfast, ME
- Waldo County General Hospital
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Evening)
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 141251
This is a 40 hour per week position with evening and weekend hours being required.
The Primary Care Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based environment. The MA will assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, including administrative support, while promoting a smooth flow of patients through the office and helping to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The Primary Care Medical Assistant will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, where flexibility and adaptability are essential.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an adult education or college Medical Assistant program with less than 1 year work experience; or Certified Nursing Assistant or ED Tech with one year of experience; or 2 years of experience in a medical office or outpatient hospital setting.
- License/Certifications: Certifications accepted are National Healthcare Association (NHA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCCT) or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). If not currently certified, must obtain NHA certification within 3 months of eligibility.
- Experience: See "Education."
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and applications with typing or computer skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, patients, public and external agencies.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.