Administrative Assistant-Senior Health Center
This job posting is no longer active.
- Brunswick, ME
- Mid Coast - Parkview
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Clerical/Administrative Support
- Req #: 141205
- Performs a combination of administrative, project, and limited secretarial work for more than one executive. Work is diversified and delegated in the form of results expected, requiring independent decisions within a broad framework of practices and precedent. Position is expected to resolve problems of a varying nature with minimal direction provided.
- Organize/Coordinate orientation for new employees of all departments. This includes communicating details of the orientation schedule to new employees, tracking attendance, ensuring documentation of attendance, following up with employees who missed the orientation, or portions of it, and rescheduling them; as well as direct participation in the SHC orientation – providing the set-up, welcome, timeclock instructions, etc.
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor all patient/resident visits.
- Assist with screening station needs: scheduling, sanitizing, screening staff and visitors, covering lunches, breaks and schedule gaps, communication with and hiring of customer service representatives, and other duties associated with the position.
- Track and confirm hours for per-diem staff scheduled for the screening station.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in an administrative support role required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.