Activity Aide - Quarry Hill
- Camden, ME
- Quarry Hill
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Nursing/Clinical Support
- Req #: 141184
Quarry Hill is seeking a per diem Activities Aide to join their team! The ideal candidate will have flexible day-time availability, experience working with the elderly and comfortable with video chats.
Develops and implements programs and activities that provide life-enriching opportunities for the residents. This is accomplished through a highly diverse and adapted program offering that reflects the interests, values and beliefs of the residents.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: Maine Activity Certificate or reciprocity/comparable training preferred. Valid/current Maine driver's license and the ability to assist residents in and out of vehicles and a willingness to drive company vehicles as needed.
- Experience: Experience and interest in working with older adults, especially with the Alzheimer’s population. Experience in working with volunteers.
- OSHA-MSDA sheets and procedures
- Fire and safety procedures.
- Knows resident rights and understands abuse and neglect per state regulations.
- Food handling regulations..
- Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine) and office equipment (FAX machine, photocopier, telephone, computer), if applicable.
- Operation of computer programs specific to the position, if applicable.
- Mature, pleasant, friendly and cheerful personality.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.