Central Operations Pharmacist
This job posting is no longer active.
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Evening)
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 137545
This position will be focused on supporting the day-to-day logistics of our Acute Care Pharmacy Services Department.
Core functions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Support all aspects of central pharmacy day-to-day operations with regard to medication preparation, quality assurance, verification and distribution
- Work collaboratively with pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy supervisors and pharmacy leadership to implement and support operational initiatives, changes and inventory control
- Collaborate with patient care units, procedural & operative areas and Supply Chain to ensure timely receipt and delivery of medications and supplies as needed
- Provide oversight as the charge pharmacist, leading by example, assisting with pharmacy and delivery processes in a hands-on-manner whenever needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: Graduate of an ACCP accredited school/college of pharmacy is required.
- License/Certifications: Eligible or currently licensed in the State of Maine.
- Experience: Work experience as an institutional pharmacist with experience in non-sterile and sterile compounding, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic drug monitoring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems related to drug therapy.
Additional InformationMaine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.