Substance Use Treatment Clinician
- Springvale, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 138605
The Substance Use Treatment Clinician has comprehensive clinical responsibility for the clients assigned to him/her. These clinical duties shall be directed toward the achievement of excellence in client care and will include: individual intake and psychosocial assessment; clinical triage; group facilitation within an intensive outpatient program setting; care coordination within the context of a medication assisted treatment service; documenting the findings of evaluations and progress in clients’ medical record; individual, couples, and family counseling as needed maintaining contact with community resources for after care and providing comprehensive discharge planning services. All services will be provided in a manner and language appropriate to the age and comprehensive level of the clients and their families. All Clinicians are expected to function as active members of their teams.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: Master’s degree in Social Work or Clinical Counseling from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. License/Certifications: Maine State licensure to practice as a LCSW, LMSW or LCPC is required. Maine State licensure to practice as a LADC and CADC preferred. Maine State licensure to practice as a LADC and CADC preferred.
3. Experience: Two or more years' work experience in a substance abuse or mental health treatment setting preferred. 2+ years of related work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred. Depending on client population to be serviced, desired work experience may vary. Prior experience with clinical methods and techniques used in individual, family and group therapy as related to mental health and/or substance abuse issues is required.
4. Knowledge of social work/ counseling theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare are required.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.