Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) - Emergency Dept
This job posting is no longer active.
- Biddeford, ME
- Southern Maine Health Care
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Req #: 140178
For a limited time this position is eligible for a sign on bonus of up to $5,000.00 for ALL Registered Nurses *Prorated bonus based on hours (Per Diem not eligible)
Current Maine Health member employees are not eligible for bonus; former SMHC or MaineHealth Organization Care Team Members that have been separated from employment for a minimum of 6 months are eligible
Are you a natural leader or looking to step into the next level of your nursing career and start the transition into leadership?
The Assistant Nurse Manager, in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, is the vital link between the mission and vision of Southern Maine Health Care and the delivery of safe patient and family centered care that is compassionate, evidence-based, and provides highest quality care. Reporting through the Nurse Manager, this role requires collaboration with staff, physicians, directors, other professional colleagues and occasionally senior administration, to meet the diverse and continually changing challenges of the health care environment. The Assistant Nurse Manager must be a creative, autonomous, future-oriented, risk-taking entrepreneur who applies nursing expertise, critical thinking, effective leadership, and management skills to ensure that quality care is provided through satisfied and inspired professionals on a daily basis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- License/Certifications: License as an RN in the State of Maine required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an acute care setting with at least 2 years in clinical specialty. Minimum of 1 year experience in a leadership role preferred. Clinical Level III with 2 years of hire date required.
- Requires interpersonal and management skills in order to deal with complex management problems.
- Communicates effectively with unit and administrative personnel, physicians, a variety of other hospital staff and persons within the community.
- Requires a high level of critical thinking and analytical skills to make management decisions at unit level and make recommendations for consideration on departmental issues.
- Requires the ability to integrate the knowledge of teaching principles and counseling techniques in order to direct the growth of the unit staff.
- Requires a high level of organization skills, effective time management and delegation strategies that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing unit needs.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.