Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Home Health CHANS
- Brunswick, ME
- Mid Coast - Parkview
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 139821
Under the direction of a licensed registered nurse, a Home Health Aide provides hands-on personal care a client in their home, providing services which are needed to maintain the client’s health or to facilitate treatment of the client’s illness or injury. All care is provided in accordance with the client’s individual plan of care, regulatory standards and policies and procedures of CHANS Home Health.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma preferred; at least 18 years old.
- License/Certifications: Active on the Registry as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Maine. Current CPR BLS-Heath Care Provider.
- Experience: Prior home care experience preferred.
- Successfully completes with a score of 85% or greater on a written Home Health Aide Assessment competency test upon hire.
- Demonstrates knowledge of C.N.A skills as it relates to basic patient care.
- Demonstrates mature, responsible behavior and understands the need for patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the Program Manager, Registered Nurse or appropriate designee any changes in client condition.
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.