Home Care Registered Nurse (RN) - York County
This job posting is no longer active.
For a limited time this position is eligible for a sign on bonus of up to $5,000.00 for Registered Nurses *Prorated bonus based on hours (Per Diem not eligible)
Current MaineHealth member employees are not eligible for bonus; former MHCAH or MaineHealth Organization Care Team Members that have been separated from employment for a minimum of 3 months are eligible
Why Home Care:
- Enjoy a less stressful pace of work, treating one patient at a time
- Case Manage a set number of cases
- Follow patient cases from start to finish
- Have the ability to work closely with patients and families, building better relationships
- Ability to give your full, undivided attention to each patient
- Have the ability to educate patients and family members about care, treatment & diagnosis in a much more in depth manner
- Weekend scheduling – Every 4th weekend rotation!
The Home Care RN supports MaineHealth Care at Home's (MHCAH) mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both MHCAH and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Home Care RN provides highly reliable, evidenced based, patient-family centered quality care through assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an outpatient, and/or community basis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine. Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers. Current, valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
- Experience: N/A
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave (available at most locations), retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.