Capital Sourcing Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
- Portland, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Nonclinical
- Req #: 138943
This is a consultative, leadership position responsible for the strategic sourcing and contracting of capital equipment and related service. The Capital Sourcing Manager partners with strategic MaineHealth customers through the Value Analysis process to evaluate opportunities and facilitate savings. This position reports to the Manager of Strategic Capital Sourcing and works closely with the member leadership, stakeholders and budgeting committees to facilitate capital acquisitions. Special attention shall be paid to equipment with implications for the Shared Electronic Health Record (SeHR).
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of contemporary business practices acquired through graduation from a four year college/university or equivalent relevant business experience.
- License/Certifications: Relevant Professional certification (CMRP, CPM or CPCM) preferred.
- Experience: See "Education." 5-7 years of experience in purchasing, contracting, negotiation and sourcing required. Expertise in capital equipment and healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to source quality products & services; knowledge of market and pricing trends; ability to effectively bench mark total value.
- Current knowledge of purchasing principles and procedures. Knowledge of contracting law and governing regulations.
- Knowledge of methods used in the access and use of information including data analysis. Ability to prepare specifications and the analysis of bids and contracts. Microsoft Office Skills required.
Additional InformationMaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.