Director - Human Resources - LincolnHealth
- Damariscotta, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 138609
Director of Human Resources
Damariscotta and Boothbay Harbor, Maine
The Director of Human Resources is part of the MaineHealth HR Operations Team and will support Lincoln Health, a community health system within MaineHealth. The HR Director provides consultation, direction and coordination at a strategic level for retention strategies, talent management, talent acquisition, compensation, employee and leadership development, employee engagement and culture, leadership communication, and change management. Provides assistance, interpretation, guidance, and consultation to leaders on HR policies, guidelines, programs and practices.
The successful candidate will have strong HR functional and strategic skills, an ability to easily build relationships and have a desire to be part of a community both within and around LincolnHealth.
LincolnHealth (LH) is a full-service healthcare system that includes a hospital with two campuses: LincolnHealth – Miles Campus in Damariscotta and LincolnHealth – St. Andrews Campus in Boothbay Harbor, as well as two long-term care facilities, retirement communities in both Boothbay Harbor and Damariscotta, a 40-member multi-specialty physician practice.
We are Lincoln County’s largest employer, with more than 1,000 full-time and part-time employees. Our mission is to ensure access to high-quality, patient-centered and affordable healthcare. Known locally for our compassion and commitment to quality, our employees are focused on providing the best care available to our fellow community members. As part of MaineHealth, Maine’s largest integrated healthcare system, we are able to offer seamless access to specialty services that may not be available locally.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- License/Certification: Industry Recognized HR Certification strongly preferred.
- Experience: At least 4-5 years’ HR leadership experience.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage Employee Relations.
- Sits on Leadership Team as a core team member providing leadership to business units.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including workforce planning, employee relations, recruiting, compensation practices, organizational development, training, union avoidance, diversity and inclusion, performance management, federal and state employment laws.
- Strategic and Organizational Leadership development experience.
- Strong leadership skills and experience influencing at senior levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a genuine and authentic leadership style.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide leadership for HR team and business units, resolve differences, communicate HR and organizational policies, goals and strategies.
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills to effectively deal with conflicts and affect change.
- Analytic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with an array of HR technology and computer programs including Lawson, Kronos, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
LincolnHealth is a community-focused organization, committed to providing high-quality, personal care and ensuring that our community is as healthy as possible. We provide many free or cost-subsidized services and programs throughout Lincoln County that are designed to promote health and wellness. These include:
- CarePartners Plus of Lincoln County, a partnership of LincolnHealth, Lincoln County physicians and MaineHealth that offers comprehensive care, including preventative care, to uninsured people
- Educational classes covering smoking cessation, stress management and American Red Cross babysitting classes, as well as programs to support chronic disease management, CPR/AED courses and school health and wellness programs
- Wellness/Rehab programs including cardiac rehab, diabetes education and pulmonary rehab
- Women’s health and obstetric resources, including Lamaze, sibling classes and water birth classes
- Bereavement support groups
The LincolnHealthcare/Central Maine Community College Education Center, which offers a full range of courses available to the community, as well as a CNA program and a two-year Registered Nurse program Each of these offerings is carefully designed to meet an important community need, and each is supervised or taught by LincolnHealth’s clinical and professional staff.
Additional InformationMaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.