Nightshift Pre-Analytic Supervisor - Maine Medical Center
- Portland, ME
- Full Time - Night Shift
- Req #: 138372
At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovative laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
- Provides day-to-day supervision to the pre-analytic laboratory team consisting of Phlebotomists, Medical Lab Assistants, and Group Leads for both operations and human resources management.
- Creates work schedules and manages the daily workflow.
- Provides technical direction for the department, monitors daily metrics and initiates actions for continuous improvement.
- Monitors staff performance, provides ongoing feedback, and coaches staff development. Responsible for scheduling new Phlebotomists with Mentors for each Phlebotomy School session.
- Ensures department complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversees training and competency assessments. May participate in various hospital committees and work groups.
- May perform pre-analytic functions when needed.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma/GED required. Associate's Degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certification as a Phlebotomist and/or Medical Laboratory Assistant required (ASCP, ASPT, AMT, NPA, NCC, NHA). Valid Driver's License Required.
- Experience: 1 years of experience as a Phlebotomist or Medical Laboratory Assistant required, previous Lead or Supervisor experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.