Social Worker - Integrated Behavioral Health - Primary Care
This job posting is no longer active.
- Windham, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 137629
Integrated Behavioral Health Opportunity – Windham, ME & Standish, ME
For a limited time Maine Behavioral Healthcare is offering a $5,000 hiring bonus for all eligible Clinicians!*
This is an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with interest, training and experience integrating behavioral health services into primary care settings. This position is for two locations: Maine Medical Partners Lakes Region Primary Care, a well-established practice in Windham, Maine offering complete care to adults and children; and Maine Medical Partners Standish Family Medicine, a new practice in Standish, Maine dedicated to bringing in behavioral health from the start. This is a 40 hour position with benefits. The clinician’s role would include providing screening, assessments, and focused treatment to patients of the practice. Treatment structure includes individual, family, and group work. Additional functions of the clinician includes linking patients to additional services and supports, providing curbside consultation to providers, and participating in population health activities that targets the health and wellbeing of specific groups of people. Persons interested in this position must be comfortable working with all age groups. Knowledge of and interest in treating substance use disorders is preferred.
Be ready to bring a value to primary care that has become the desired for providers and patients. Behavioral health services in the medical setting is a great benefit to all as it reduces stigma and increases access to a service that many wouldn’t seek out if in a different location. For the behavioral health clinician, your work is enhanced by being part of a medical team with solid experience in integrated work. Collaborative work with psychiatrists and other integrated clinicians in the MaineHealth system adds to the experience. Individual supervision, group supervision, and quarterly trainings are benefits of this position. Minimum Qualifications: LCSW licensed in the state of Maine.
With the safety of our patients and team members at the forefront, we are taking the appropriate precautions and using best practices to continue to ensure the highest quality of care, protection, support and comfort for all our patients, caregivers and team members.
- All MaineHealth care team members are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms before being cleared to work. We also screen all patients for symptoms or high-risk exposures before they enter the clinic setting.
- In all MaineHealth locations, patients, visitors and care team members are provided with a new surgical mask and hand sanitizer to help reduce the risk of infection.
- MaineHealth has always followed stringent cleaning protocols. These measures have been enhanced for the safety of our care team members and patients.
- Our current visitor policy limits visitors to our office, with minimal exceptions.
*Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth members are ineligible until great than 6 months separation from employment. Hiring Bonus is paid out 50% at hire, and 50% after successful completion of 6 months.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: See "License/Certifications".
2. License/Certifications: Licensure by the Maine State Board of Social Worker Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Must have a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
3. Experience: 2+ years of work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred, in order to have proficiency in psychosocial assessment and treatment. Must have considerable knowledge of community resources and agencies and how to use them in resolving complex problems related to health, illness and disability.
4. Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare. Ability to teach basic social work principles and applications to the medical setting.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.