- Belfast, ME
- Waldo County General Hospital
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 137113
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus
Full-time positions - 32+ hours/per week
Part-time positions prorated - 20-31.9 hours/per week
Eligible Candidates are graduates of an accredited school of Surgical Technology and must hold national certifications as an Operating Room Technologist or be able to obtain within 12 months of hire. New graduates and previous MaineHealth employees with more than 3 months of separation are eligible. Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible.
*This position is currently eligible for our Loan Forgiveness Program and Relocation Reimbursement. Please ask for details!
- Position Summary
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist is responsible for the practice of skilled care through implementation of the nursing process. The Surgical Technologist must work collaboratively with the medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Administration, Support Services, and Ancillary Services personnel to provide quality patient care. This position may require working all shifts.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Surgical Technology or military trained.
- License/Certifications: Certification required within one year of employment for those hired after 7/1/05.
- Experience: N/A
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.