Certified Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) -Anesthesiology
- Brunswick, ME
- Mid Coast - Parkview
- Per Diem - Day Shift
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Req #: 137483
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is a professional anesthesia provider who administers inhalation agents and any or all drugs, including narcotics, to provide adequate, safe anesthesia to patients during surgical, obstetrical and diagnostic procedures under the direction of or in consultation with a physician anesthesiologist, operating under an anesthesia care team model.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A.
- License/Certifications: Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine, and as an advanced practice CRNA. Must have successfully completed a course for Nurse Anesthesia at an accredited school. Must be currently certified as a Nurse Anesthetist by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Experience: N/A.
- Comprehensive understanding of all the procedures and equipment used to administer anesthesia to various age groups.
- Analytic ability to prepare/participate in the anesthesia plan.
- Ability to monitor patient’s condition and interpret data from various monitors during surgery.
- Ability to assist in lifting/transporting patients.
- Ability to operate and perform minor repairs on a variety of anesthesia equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, subordinates, other members of the anesthesia team and related hospital personnel.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.