Physician Asst/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner PER DIEM
- Biddeford, ME
- Southern Maine Health Care
- Per Diem - Day/Evening
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Req #: 137440
- Position Summary
- The Hospitalist Service Physician Assistant (PA) or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) provides patient care services under the supervision of the Hospitalist Physician. They are expected to be capable of primary evaluation of any patient assigned. The PA/ACNP is expected to comply with all pertinent Treatment Policies, as well as all applicable hospital-wide policies and procedures.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: All Physician Assistants must maintain certification as PA-C by the State of Maine and have a primary supervising physician who is a full-time physician at Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC). All Hospitalist Service Acute Care Nurse Practitioners must maintain certification as a certified ACNP by the State of Maine and have a supervising physician at SMHC. PA/ACNPs may additionally be required to maintain other pertinent certifications, such as in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), or equivalent certification at the discretion of the Vice President of Medical Affairs at SMHC.
- Experience: atleast 2 year or more years working in a Hospitalist setting is required.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.