Business Intelligence Developer - Enterprise Reporting
- Westbrook, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Information Services
- Req #: 136559
MaineHealth Enterprise Reporting is seeking an innovative and creative Business Intelligence Developer (BID) to help translate business needs into knowledge. This position will provide BID support to the following subject areas: billing, financial services, Health Information Management (HIM), IT services, and other business related services that integrate into clinical settings.
This individual will work closely across business functions to investigate data, analyze use case requirements, provide solution prototypes, develop model reports and data extracts, and collaborate with other developers and architects to provide high value solutions.
This hybrid position requires a tech-savvy data expert who can seamlessly transition into the business world. The right candidate must have the ability to understand the business question and translate that business question into reporting and analytic solutions.
A successful candidate will work closely with MaineHealth Leadership to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It is essential that BIDs build an understanding of the service areas they support at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues.
- 3-5 years of business intelligence developer or related technical experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Epic Clarity Data Model Certification or Proficiency preferred
- 3-5 years’ of experience with a programming language (MS-SQL preferred)
- Experience with SAP tools/solutions (BOE, WebI, Lumira, Design Studio strongly preferred)
- Experience working with some Business Intelligence software programs required (examples include: SAP BI Suite, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, or IBM Cognos).
- Experience with analytic programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, or DAX
- Strong understanding of relational database structure
- Working knowledge of Star and Snowflake schemas
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification (Or equivalent work experience)
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.