Bedside Companion - Nursing Floats
This job posting is no longer active.
- Belfast, ME
- Waldo County General Hospital
- Per Diem - Flexible (As Needed)
- Nursing/Clinical Support
- Req #: 136539
The Bedside Companion provides supervision and close observation of selected patients for identified behaviors (i.e., a fall risk). Note: the bedside companion role may be provided by a patient’s family member or volunteer in some situations.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
License/Certifications: Basic Life Support preferred with ability to perform CPR and respond to emergency situations as appropriate.
- De-escalation training within one (1) month of hire.
- Basic dementia training within one (1) week of hire.
- Complete call bell and alarm training.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write English language.
- Manual dexterity
- Moderate physical effort: Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods. Ability to appropriately wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.