Clinician - Integrated Behavioral Health - Oxford Hills School Health Center
This job posting is no longer active.
- Norway, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 136490
For a limited time Maine Behavioral Healthcare is offering a $5,000 hiring bonus for all eligible Clinicians!*
This is an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) with interest, training and experience integrating behavioral health services into either primary care settings or health centers within schools. This position is located in Oxford Hills School health center and closely connected with the Western Maine Health Care Pediatrics practices. This is a 32-40 hour position with benefits.
The clinician’s role would include providing screening, assessments, and focused treatment to students of the school, as well as connecting back to the primary care team for comprehensive treatment. The treatment structure includes individual, family, and group work. There is also a component of the work which involves linking students to additional services and supports, consulting with members of the students’ care team, and participating in population health activities that targets the health and wellbeing of specific groups of people. Persons interested in this position must have experience working with children. Knowledge of and interest in treating substance use disorders is preferred. The work is enhanced by being part of a medical team with solid experience in integrated work, in addition to collaborative work with psychiatrists and other integrated clinicians. Individual supervision, group supervision, and trainings are added benefits of this position. Minimum Qualifications: LCSW or LCPC licensed in the state of Maine.
*Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth members are ineligible until great than 6 months separation from employment. Hiring Bonus is paid out 50% at hire, and 50% after successful completion of 6 months.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
1. Education: See "License/Certifications".
2. License/Certifications: Licensure by the Maine State Board of Social Worker Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (preferred), or licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (by exception). Must have a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
3. Experience: 2+ years of work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred, in order to have proficiency in psychosocial assessment and treatment. Must have considerable knowledge of community resources and agencies and how to use them in resolving complex problems related to health, illness and disability.
4. Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare. Ability to teach basic social work principles and applications to the medical setting.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.