Administrative Assistant - Cancer Care
This job posting is no longer active.
- Rockport, ME
- Pen Bay Medical Center
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Clerical/Administrative Support
- Req #: 136102
The Cancer Care Administrative Assistant greets and registers patients, answers phones, and takes messages, as well as serves as a receptionist and scheduler. The Administrative Assistant utilizes and maintains departmental computerized registration, scheduling, and patient records.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A.
- Experience: -Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Fundamental skills in using PC with Windows Operating System (managing files, programs, shortcuts, logins; ability to use a keyboard and mouse).
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skill in prioritizing workload for the department; dealing with the public in a professional manner; strength in organizing schedules and performing clerical functions, able to work as a team member within, the department and across hospital departments.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.