Clinical Nurse II (RN) - Adult Medical Surgical and Telemetry - P2C
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Night)
- Req #: 135779
For a limited time MMC is offering up to $20,000 Sign on bonus for all eligible experienced Nurses!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Bonus is paid out in three installments – First month of employment, completion of one year of employment and completion of 2nd year of employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
P2C is an 18-bed Adult Med/Surg and Telemetry unit seeking motivated RNs to join their team at Maine Medical Center. This is an excellent opportunity for a Registered Nurse to sharpen their complex clinical skills, while caring for a diverse patient population. Nurses in this role take an active part in cultivating the patients’ restoration to health. The nursing team on P2C encompasses nurses who have an interest in education, teamwork, respect, communication and those who strive to continually develop themselves professionally. This unit is welcoming not only experienced RNs, but also newly licensed nurses to advance their knowledge while working with a dynamic team.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
Additional InformationMaine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.