Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner -Hospitalist Medicine
This job posting is no longer active.
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Partners
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Evening)
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Req #: 135740
The Maine Medical Partner's Hospitalist team is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner caring for patients in the hospital at Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine. Practitioners are responsible for admissions, daily rounding, acute visits and discharges of patients as well as ordering and interpreting laboratory data. All are done in conjunction with collaborating attending and consulting physicians. This position is a full time position with rotating coverage for nights and weekends.
· Bachelor's degree and successful completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program.
· Current license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
· Experience in hospital medicine preferred, not required.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to effectively triage, organize and prioritize.
· Ability to function as part of a team.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.