CNA-Med Surg General
- Rockport, ME
- Pen Bay Medical Center
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Nursing/Clinical Support
- Req #: 135491
For a limited time this position is eligible for up to a $2,500 sign-on bonus!
- Must have 1 or more years of CNA experience to qualify.
- Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible.
- Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) assists in providing age-specific, pediatric through geriatric patient centered care. Under the direct supervision of the RN, the CNA performs specific delegated tasks as they relate to ADL and the promotion of outcome based patient centered care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certification from an approved nursing assistance program. Current registration with the Maine Registry of Certified Nursing Assistants. Current BLS certification (or attained within 6 months of hire).
- Experience: N/A
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures.
- Fire and safety procedures.
- Operation of patient care equipment (beds, scales, lifts, thermometers etc.) and office equipment (photocopier, computer, telephone.)
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.