Director - Payroll Services
- Portland, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 135356
The Director of Payroll Services oversees the time reporting and payroll processes of the MaineHealth system. The incumbent works collaboratively with stakeholders to provide strategic direction to the overall time reporting and payroll processes in a manner that meets employee and organizational needs, ensures compliance with regulatory and institutional requirements, promotes efficiency, transparency, and cost effectiveness while maximizing the functionality of deployed technology. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Fiscal Services.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of in-depth experience in payroll operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a payroll operations team in a medium to large corporate environment. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with configuration and functioning of time reporting systems. Familiarity and experience with Kronos suite of products preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize assigned responsibilities to successfully achieve established objectives in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills reflective of an understanding of the business implications of decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to listen, to facilitate the management/coordination of decentralized staff, and to communicate effectively with member organizations and affected stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus, allowing for the development of strong working relationships and collaboration with other Care Team members to achieve desired outcomes.
Additional InformationMaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.