Pharmacy Tech Education Specialist - Main Pharmacy
This job posting is no longer active.
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Rotating (Day/Evening)
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 134710
The Pharmacy Tech Education Specialist is an essential position for the sustainability, growth and retention of our inpatient pharmacy tech team. This position is dedicated to staffing, training and teaching. We are seeking a motivated leader who is naturally drawn to mentoring others. Candidates must possess a minimum of at least one year of compounding experience.
Qualified candidates are eligible for a $1,500 Sign-on Bonus!
The Sign-on Bonus is paid out in three payments; $250 within the first 30 days of employment, $250 at 6 months of employment, and $1,000 is paid out in the first pay period after 12 months of employment. Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for the Sign-on Bonus. Former employees must be separated from the MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
The Pharmacy Technician Education Specialist is responsible for overseeing the development, administration, maintenance and monitoring of the education and training/mentoring on a variety of duties in the receipt, storage, preparation, distribution, and delivery of medications and supplies. The Pharmacy Technician Education Specialist will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the master schedule of the Pharmacy Technician team.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or GED certificate preferred. Associates Degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification required. Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
- Experience: A minimum of one (1) year's experience in the compounding of sterile preparations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.
MaineHealth offers wonderful benefits and perks!
•Health Insurance and Flexible Health Savings Account
•Supplemental Insurances such as Vision, Life, Dental etc.
•Generous Paid Time Off
•Paid Parental Leave for Birth and Adoptive Parents
•Employee Discount and Wellness Programs
• FREE Public Transit! We offer free bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our Commuter Choice program is designed to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.