Anatomic Pathology Lab Manager
- Scarborough, ME
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 134560
NorDx is seeking an experienced Anatomic Pathology Lab Manager to join our quality-driven, customer-focused team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our staff, and it is their skills and professionalism that set us apart from our competitors.
- Opportunity to work for one of New England’s Largest Healthcare organizations and Maine’s largest employer
- Ability to manage a patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing facility.
- If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Histology, Cytology and Surgical Pathology Laboratory. The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible to ensure specimens are handled properly and for obtaining accurate patient identification and reliability of all patients reports. Under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material are performed accurately for pathological interpretation and in a timely manner. The Anatomic Pathology Manager also assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established laboratory, hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Provides direction and oversight directly through supervisors or individual contributors for laboratory operations and human resources management, including reviewing all hiring and discipline recommendations.
- Oversees all technical direction and develops, monitors, and takes appropriate action to improve overall departmental performance to ensure that the operational and strategic goals are met.
- Ensures training and competency assessments are completed. Manages budget for the laboratory site.
What you will need (KSAs):
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Combination of Associate's Degree & Experience required.
- License/Certifications: Certification in one or more of the following: MT,MLT, MLS, CLS, CHT, CHS, CG, CT, HT, HTL, ASCP Scientist/Specialist (BB, C, H, M, MB, SBB, SC, SH, SM) required (ASCP, AMT, HEW, ABHI).
- Experience: 2 years of previous supervisory or lead experience required, previous manager experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave (available at most locations), retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.