AVP-Brand and Marketing
- Portland, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 134154
The AVP of Brand, Marketing and Creative Services is responsible for conceptualizing and developing long range, strategically driven, marketing, brand and marketing communication plans for the MaineHealth system. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communication Officer, this person will proactively identify and promote service lines and programs that will enhance MaineHealth and its member’s image among key audiences. The AVP will take the lead in developing a marketing effort that is aligned with the system and member strategic plan and service line business plans, anchored by comprehensive market research that describes the competitive environment, customer needs, and organizational strengths. The AVP takes the lead in marketing the strengths of the organization to physicians and other referral sources. Working closely with service line administrators, member organizations, and the planning department, the AVP will bring the subject expertise necessary to brand, package, and present the services and programs of MaineHealth members to the market.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters a Plus with an emphasis in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years of progressive experience in marketing, planning, communications, public relations, market research, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a healthcare setting. Project/process management, account management or related capabilities a plus.
- 10 plus years supervisory experience required
- Incumbent must have analytical skills and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong oral communications skills, including the ability communicate effectively with others and to speak in public, listen effectively, interview and gather pertinent information from sources at all levels in the medical center, and work with varying levels of staff.
- Able to work well under pressure and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to unexpected changes.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.