Administrative Team Specialist - Behavioral Health
- Portland, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Clerical/Administrative Support
- Req #: 133913
Maine Behavioral Healthcare (MBH) provides an array of services at our outpatient practices for adults, adolescents and children challenged with mental health, developmental disorders, co-occurring and/or substance use issues. Our Portland location provides Adult Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Case Management, Counseling, and Psychiatry Services.
MBH is seeking a customer service-oriented professional that will provide front office and telephone coverage, administrative support, and patient scheduling for our practice on Lancaster Street.
The Administrative Team Specialist (ATS) covers the front desk for the specified office by providing telephone coverage and financial/administrative support. The ATS greets all patients, alerts clinical staff of patient arrival, updates patient demographics, helps clients complete annual paperwork, and collects co-pays. This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and performing office duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Customer service focused
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Proven time management
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Computer competency and ability to navigate multiple computer systems
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma is preferred. Associate’s Degree in Office Practices is preferred
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 2+ years of prior experience working in a healthcare, human services or business office setting is required
- Prior computer software experience using word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required
MaineHealth offers great perks and benefits!
•Health Insurance and Supplemental Plans (Vision, Dental, Life, etc.)
•Generous Paid Time Off
•Paid Parental Leave for Birth and Adoptive Parents
•Employee Discount and Wellness Programs
• Free Public Transit! As part of our Commuter Choice Program we offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the greater Portland region!
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.