Director - Communications and Public Affairs
This job posting is no longer active.
- Farmington, ME
- Franklin Community Health Network
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Nonclinical
- Req #: 134457
The Director of Communication and Public Affairs assigned to Franklin Community Health Network works out of our Farmington offices and is part of a dynamic and forward-looking system-wide marketing and communications team. This individual will be responsible for local marketing and public relations strategy for a MaineHealth organization in alignment with the overall system strategy. A strong understanding of community and media relations is essential as is the ability to understand and execute traditional and digital marketing plans locally. The Director will work closely with system marketing and communications leadership as well as local leadership at Franklin Community Health Network.
The Director of Communication and Public Affairs develops and executes strategic and integrated internal communication, community engagement, local marketing and public relations strategy for a MaineHealth organization in alignment with the overall MaineHealth system strategy. Accountable for the design and growth of communication systems to support the mission, vision and business objectives of the organization and the system. Allocates resources to successfully achieve communication objectives. Directs the media relations function to ensure maintenance and enhancement of the entity and systems image throughout the market as reflected in the media. Works in conjunction with system marketing and corporate communication teams to inform system marketing and communications, digital and brand plans as well as communicate those plans and their impact on the local market.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters a Plus with an emphasis in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in marketing, planning, communications, public relations, market research, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a healthcare setting. Project/process management, account management or related capabilities a plus.
- 5-7 plus years supervisory experience required
- Incumbent must have analytical skills and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong oral communications skills, including the ability communicate effectively with others and to speak in public, listen effectively, interview and gather pertinent information from sources at all levels in the organization, and work with varying levels of staff.
- Able to work well under pressure and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to unexpected changes.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.