Chief Medical Officer - Franklin Community Health Network
- Farmington, ME
- Franklin Community Health Network
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 133252
Chief Medical Officer
Franklin Community Health Network
The Chief Medical Officer is a physician member of the Franklin Community Health Network Executive Team, providing leadership and clinical input to administrative decisions and is accountable for the quality of clinical delivery within all FCHN entities. The Chief Medical Officer reports to the CEO.
Responsibilities include serving as the primary liaison between the Medical Staff, Board of Directors and Leadership, and between FCHN and MaineHealth. In addition the CMO will participate in various councils and leadership groups, oversee credentialing activities, provide direct supervision of Medical Directors, possess knowledge of Joint Commission requirements, and participate in strategic and facilities planning and provider recruitment.
- Eligible for license to practice medicine in the State of Maine (MD or DO)
- Minimum of five years’ progressive and relevant healthcare management experience desired
- Effective communicator with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse population, to include medical staff colleagues, nursing staff, hospital leaders and Board of Trustee members
- Actively embraces a culture of engagement and models best practice management behaviors that create an environment where employees are respected, recognized and motivated to perform their best work
Providing Patient Care Since 1929
FCHN is the sole hospital network serving the rural community of Greater Franklin County. We have been serving the residents of Franklin County since 1929 through community education, emergency services, surgical services, and outpatient and inpatient care. We are an award winning health system that combines high quality patient care, advanced technology, and modern facilities with strong community values.
FCHN services consist of:
- Franklin Memorial Hospital – 65 bed full service community hospital
- Franklin Health – a multi-specialty group practice that includes 9 medical and surgical practices.
- Evergreen Behavioral Services – provide emergency mental health and case management services
- NorthStar – the regions ambulance service
- Health Community Coalition – offers health screenings, health information, and programs and events to support healthy lifestyles that prevent disease and improve quality of life.
We are a Family Friendly Community which includes many festivals and activities. From Wilton’s Blueberry Festival, to Livermore’s Apple-Pumpkin Festival, Fiddlehead Festival to the host of local maple houses open to the public on Maine Maple Sunday, Western Maine’s rich tradition of family centered community celebrations offer something fun and memorable for every member of the family. We also the home of University of Maine at Farmington: U.S. News & World Report named UMaine Farmington “One of America’s Best Colleges” for nine consecutive years. They are the only college of their kind in New England to receive that distinction. Our Unique Environment located in the foothills of Western Maine provide some of the most breathtaking views anywhere in New England. There is no better place to spend a lazy summer day than next to one of our pristine lakes busy with swimmers, kayakers, and boaters. In addition, we have a multitude of incredible mountains and trails that are fun for both families and experienced climbers. We are within a short proximity to Sugarloaf USA, Saddleback Mountain and Resort, and Sunday River for your 4 season recreation.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.