- Scarborough, ME
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 132941
NorDx is seeking a HLA Technologist (Human Leukocyte Antigens) to join our quality-driven, customer-focused team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our staff, and it is their skills and professionalism that set us apart from our competitors.
Positions are eligible for a Sign-on Bonus, relocation assistance and temporary housing if needed
Working independently under the general supervision of the HLA Laboratory Director, performs STAT analyses requiring a complex network of steps and variables to identify and report qualified and unqualified kidney transplant candidates for cadaveric and living donor transplantation. Recognizes problems, identifies the cause (technical, instrumental, or physiological), synthesizes alternatives and determines solutions where no preset criteria are available. Correlates and interprets data based on knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results. Shares responsibility for technical and some administrative operations of the department e.g. ordering supplies) in absence of Laboratory Director. Actively participates in development and implementation of new and revised procedures. Serves as a resource of technical information to others. Monitors quality control programs when required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures, practices and theory required through a Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology, or related field. One year of training in human histocompatability testing meeting ASHI Standards to include serologic and molecular HLA typing, HLA antibody screening, CDC and Flow Cytometric Analysis, crossmatching and ABO blood grouping.
- License/Certifications: ABHI Certification as a Histocompatability Technologist is preferred.
- Working knowledge of word processing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Experience: N/A
- Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
- Successfully demonstrates competencies in the position in accordance with the established assessment for the position.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
- Must be able to work shared, STAT, rotating 24-hour call as needed.
At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovated laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine’s largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program and discounted home and auto insurance. You’ll also enjoy the employee discounts you’ll receive with our ‘Perks Card’ and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.