Director - Reimbursement
- Portland, ME
- MaineHealth - Corporate
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 132681
** Eligible for re-location reimbursement **
Assists the Vice President, Reimbursement in departmental planning in order to achieve departmental goals and supervision. Manages the hospital's preparation and submission of cost reimbursement reports to government and private third party agencies. Develops rate structure and monitors compliance with federal regulatory programs. Monitors implications of all proposed governmental and third party reimbursement changes.
Participates in the contractual allowance portion of the Long Range Financial Plan. At the System level: Coordinates, controls, and manages the preparation of interim and year end cost reports and analyses related to governmental reimbursement for all MaineHealth facilities; Supervises and coordinates activities related to reviews and audits by the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) and governmental organizations; Coordinates with the Vice President to ensure that MaineHealth is achieving the optimal reimbursement under existing regulations and is prepared for proposed regulations.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of advanced accounting and reimbursement principles normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field in order to provide the necessary technical direction and management.
- A high level of problem solving skills necessary in order to develop and implement new procedures and techniques and prepare special and recurring reports and analyses.
- MBA degree or HFMA or CPA certificate is preferred.
- A high level of interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal with complex situations with a wide variety of internal and external personnel and to make fact based presentations before groups, including regulatory agencies.
- Five to ten years of experience in reimbursement and Medicare/Medicaid cost reporting is required with at least three years of hospital management experience.
Additional InformationMaine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.