Accountant - Finance
This job posting is no longer active.
- Biddeford, ME
- Southern Maine Health Care
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Professional - Nonclinical
- Req #: 131290
- This position reports directly to the SMHC Accounting Manager and is an integral member of the Finance Department, with a primary focus on Southern Maine HealthCare (SMHC) general and non-profit accounting, analysis, and reporting. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the Company. This position is responsible for proper reporting of journal entries and account reconciliations for timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial statements as well as reports to management for financial decision support. The Accountant ensures accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions and that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and Company procedures.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in General Ledger procedures and producing financial statements with at least 2 years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.