Children's Case Manager
- Portland, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 132125
Are you someone who relishes new opportunities? Do you have experience providing case management services to children? Do you want to work for an organization that is leading the way in the field of integrated healthcare? If you answered yes to these questions, we got an exciting new position for you!
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is seeking to expand our current case management team in Portland with the inclusion of a Case Manager who will also be part of the care team at Maine Medical Center Child Psychiatry. In addition to working with the MBH team of case managers, peer support specialists, and nurse care managers, this position will work very closely with the highly skilled therapists and psychiatrists at Maine Medical Center. This work is only enhanced by the shared electronic health record that will allow our Maine Medical Center Child Psychiatry partners to access the care you provide, allowing an even higher level of integration. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, apply today!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a specialization in psychology, behavioral health, social work, special education, counseling, rehabilitation or closely related field is required.
- License/Certifications: Eligibility for LSW licensure preferred. Valid Driver’s license and appropriate level of automobile liability insurance.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience in the same areas of specialization. 2+ years of experience working with a broad spectrum of clients with mental health diagnoses is required. Prior experience with clinical methods and techniques used in supportive counseling as related to mental health and/or substance abuse issues is required.
- Excellent computer skills are required: Microsoft Word, Excel and use of electronic consumer record software
- Knowledge and commitment to abide by the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.