Temporary Research Coordinator II
- Scarborough, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Per Diem - Day Shift
- Professional - Clinical
- Req #: 131879
This is a great opportunity to work as part of the busy Clinical Trials Office at Maine Medical Center Research Center. We are searching for someone to help cover the workload of a staff member out on medical leave. Ideally, we would like someone full time but we can be flexible about hours worked per week based on candidate availability. The position is located in Oncology and the primary responsibilities will include assisting Research Coordinators and completing regulatory submissions. It is anticipated that the position will last at least several months, possibly longer, based on the needs of the department.
This is a clinical and technical position responsible for coordinating clinical research.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a health science or related field required.
- License/Certifications: Certification by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals or Society of Clinical Research Associates preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of clinical experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of basic statistical principles and methods.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrable computer competency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.